The Pokemon Direct event today revealed quite a few upcoming releases for the 3DS, and Nintendo Switch.
The Pokemon Direct event presented quite a few upcoming releases across the two Nintendo devices (Switch and 3DS) that have us extremely excited, but at the same time let down due to the lack of new titles.
Pokken Tournament DX
For the Nintendo Switch, gamers can look forward to the release of Pokken Tournament DX. Originally released for the Wii U, Pokken Tournament offered the ability to play as the Pokemon in an action packed fighting game. Pokken Tournament DX comes to the Switch offering new characters, new game modes, and much more!
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere.
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokemon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.
Pokken Tournament DX comes to the Switch September 22, 2017.
Pokemon Gold and Silver
The 3DS gets the most new content with the return of Gold and Silver, and the Ultra Sun and Moon games.
Coming to the 3DS Virtual Console, Pokemon Gold and Silver will offer you to relive the best Pokemon games in the series. Much like Red, Blue, and Yellow that were released in 2016, Gold and Silver will offer players to play the hit games on the go with more modernized features.
- Players can connect to other local players through wireless connectivity to trade and battle Pokemon.
- Connectivity with the Pokemon Bank allows players to move your Pokemon to the newest Pokemon games in the series.
- Connectivity with the Time Capsule allows players to bring their Pokemon from Red, Blue, and Yellow into Gold and Silver.
Pokemon Gold and Silver will come to the Virtual Console September 22nd.
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon
The most recently released Pokemon Sun and Moon titles are getting expanded version with the announcement of Ultra Sun and Moon.
Ultra Sun and Moon looks to expand upon the Alola region with new Pokemon Forms, new Pokemon, and expansion to the world and stories. While there are few details unveiled thus far, we’ll know more about Ultra Sun and Moon before it launches November 17th.